Buying or selling a home, transferring equity in the property, obtaining a remortgage, purchasing your council property, purchasing under the help to buy scheme are always exciting prospects, but without the help of a Solicitor it can also be a legal minefield.
You can obtain an instant, individual quotation for our charges for each service you require by simply clicking on this link. For the Equity Help to Buy scheme we charge £950 + VAT plus disbursements which may include search fees, Land Registry fees and transferring funds fees. Click here for a full list of our additional charges. Please note these may not apply to your matter.
The team consist of the Head of Residential Conveyancing, Jane Warrington, and Sue Bliss and Gina Hopkinson who provide administrative support. Gina also deals with HS2 transactions. Tim Barlow is Head of Commercial Conveyancing along with other areas. The department is supervised by Julia Gibbons who is a Director and Solicitor.
People often feel that Conveyancers get paid for doing very little. But in fact the Conveyancing process can be complicated and is very important.
The Conveyancing process is designed to make certain that:
- The seller actually owns the property they say they own.
- The buyer and seller are who they say they are.
- The seller is free to sell the property - there are no other financial or legal claims on the property.
- There are no actions being undertaken by the local authority, local water utilities etc., that could affect the value of the property.
- If it is a Leasehold property - that the Freeholder and Management Companies are properly involved in the transaction.
- The exchange of money is handled properly and safely.
- That any mortgages are correctly dealt with.
- The property does get properly transferred and registered.
When to engage us
Ideally you should contact us as soon as you find a property you like. The head of our conveyancing department, Jane Warrington, has many years experience in all areas of buying and selling properties, 'you're safe in our hands'.
Being Conveyancing Quality Scheme accredited (CQS) gives you the reassurance that we hold the Law Society's Conveyancing Quality standard.