Financial Solicitors in Chesterfield and Sheffield

When parties separate the financial connections must be dealt with.

This can be done in a variety of ways:

  • via Solicitors (with or without mediation)
  • with assistance of the Court (where parties cannot reach a mutually acceptable agreement)
  • directly between the parties personally

 When financial matters are resolved, the terms are usually contained within a Court Order, known as a 'Consent Order'. One aspect of this agreement can also be a 'Clean break agreement' setting out the financial connections between both parties.

Once a consent order has been put in place it can only be altered or revisited it the parties have a significant change in financial or personal circumstances.


Call us today on 01246 471900 or make an online enquiry