We at Buchanan & Co. Solicitors recognise and appreciate the dedication and hard work of our key workers during the current Covid-19 pandemic.
To show our appreciation we are offering free Wills through the Cancer Research campaign to people who are supporting the country through their work. This includes NHS workers, Police and Fire Service staff, supermarket workers , carers and any other essential occupation (and your spouse/partner).
How does this service work?
This is to construct a standard free Will, which includes the following information;
- Your personal details
- Your chosen Executors & Trustees
- Your chosen 1st level Beneficiaries i.e. wife/husband then children/grandchildren etc.
- Guardian clause for minors
- Bequests to Cancer Research UK and any other charities or societies
- Your choice of dispatch e.g. cremation/burial.
Should you require a more in depth Will, say a Trust clause for minors, Trust clauses for the gifting of property and the like, then additional charges will apply. These extra charges do not form part of the standard Will package but attract a 10% discount on our fees plus VAT at the current published rate.
As a gesture from our firm we will also provide you with a free Estate Planning session worth £99.
How is Cancer Research involved?
- The basic cost of the Will is underwritten by Cancer Research UK and you will be required to sign their pledge voucher (once we are taking face to face appointments). We are currently able to submit these online without you having to sign the pledge form.
- We respectfully ask you to have a kind heart towards the investment CRUK have made in sponsoring the offer and Buchanan & Co reserve the right to refuse to act should there be no bequest made within the Will, to recognise the investment the charity has made to facilitate this FREE Will writing service to you.
What else do I need to know?
- We recommend that the Will/s be registered with CERTAINTY, the Will registration scheme, for £36 for single Wills and £48 for double Wills. This is a one off cost for the life of your Will with us. Should you elect not to register your Will/s with CERTAINTY then an annual charge of £10 + vat will apply for the storage of your Will/s.
- To qualify for this offer you must be a serving employee of the said services and we will need evidence of this by way of your current photo ID and your spouse/partner regardless of their employment status.
- Due to the current Coronavirus restrictions, to enable us to comply with our obligations to verify your identity, we will ask you to verify your identity through SSB Compliance. There is an additional charge of £15 for this service.
How do I have my appointment?
Due to the current Coronavirus restrictions both of our offices are open for face to face appointments however we are able to offer telephone, Facetime, Zoom and WhatsApp appointments instead. You will have your appointment with our usual Estate Planner, Alex Gibbons, who will guide you through the Will making process as he would under normal circumstances.
Please contact us on 01246 471 900 to arrange an appointment or to find out more information, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A big thank you to all of our key workers.
We hope to continue to provide an affordable, approachable and accessible service during this difficult time. If you would like to read our Managing Director's statement regarding the current situation, please click here.