Free Wills for over 18’s
We at Buchanan & Co. Solicitors support the Cancer Research UK (CRUK), Stroke Association and Alzheimer’s Society FREE Will offers.
We are participating Solicitors on their respective panels and can offer Single of double Wills for all over 18.
How does this service work?
This is to construct a standard free Will, which includes the following information;
- Your personal details
- Your chosen Executors & Trustees
- Your chosen 1st level Beneficiaries i.e. wife/husband then children/grandchildren etc.
- Guardian clause for minors
- Bequests to your preferred sponsoring Charity and any other charities or societies you may wish to add.
- Your choice of dispatch e.g. cremation/burial.
Should you require a more in-depth Will, say a Trust clause for minors, Trust clauses for the gifting of property and the like, then additional charges will apply. These extra charges do not form part of the standard Will package but attract an additional fee, plus VAT at the current published rate.
As a gesture from our firm we will also provide you with a FREE Estate Planning session worth £99.
How is the listed Charity involved?
- The basic cost of the Will is underwritten by CRUK, Stroke Association or Alzheimer’s Society .
- We respectfully ask you to have a kind heart towards the investment the Charity has made in sponsoring the offer and Buchanan & Co reserve the right to refuse to act should there be no bequest made within the Will, to recognise the investment the charity has made to facilitate this FREE Will writing service to you.
What else do I need to know?
- All Will/s are registered with CERTAINTY, the Will registration scheme, this is included FREE with every Will prepared.
- To qualify for this offer you must be over 18 and a UK citizen.
Combatting Identity Fraud
As from the August 2021 all new clients engaging our services will be required to complete our online identification check prior to us accepting them as a client. This unfortunately comes at a small cost of £15 per person or £25 for a couple, which is payable at the time of engagement.
How do I have my appointment?
As both of our offices are open for face to face appointments we have now dispensed with the, Facetime, Zoom and WhatsApp appointments . You will have your appointment with our usual Estate Planners Alex Gibbons & Zena Parker, who will guide you through the Will making process as he would under normal circumstances.
Please contact us on 01246 471 900 to arrange an appointment or to find out more information, or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to continue to provide an affordable, approachable and accessible service during this difficult time. If you would like to read our Managing Director’s statement regarding the current situation, please click here.